Hedge fund practitioners have broadly welcomed Sweden's new fund regime but stressed sticking points to greater hedge fund use and wider acceptance depend on other Scandinavian jurisdictions. Back on April 1, a new fund regulatory regime took effect in Sweden with a new law establishing the category 'special fund' for hedge funds, consigning the 7(a) and 7(b) fund categories and non-national and national categories to history.
The new laws bring hedge funds under the law for
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?