Goldman Sachs veteran hired for Moscow post.
Otkritie Capital, the investment arm of Otkritie Financial Corporation, has hired Michael Workman as its head of fixed income.
Based between Moscow and London, Workman will report into the group's CEO, Igor Vahn. He joins from Goldman Sachs in Moscow, where he was an executive director in the fixed income, currencies and commodities group, having previously held posts at UBS, National Bank Trust and Renaissance Capital. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame with degrees in economics and Russian.
"In any emerging market there is a need for a strong local investment bank that can act as a bridge between domestic and international capital flows," says Workman. "Given Otkritie's well-established domestic franchise and its growing international presence, the firm is positioned to benefit as local credit markets grow in importance as a source of funding for corporate and government borrowers."
Adam Sussman joins Anthony Malakian to talk about Liquidnet's acquisition of OTAS, machine learning and AI, and what the buy side wants from analytics platforms.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- UPDATE: Liquidnet Acquires OTAS Technologies
- CFTC Sets Up Lab to Connect with Fintech Firms
- Waters Rankings 2017 ─ Voting Now Open
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 70: A Look at Liquidnet's Acquisition of OTAS
- Euronext Continues Diversification Drive into Foreign Exchange with FastMatch Acquisition