Despite the jaw-dropping revelations of Thain's profligacy in the face of economic crisis (and perhaps also legal restrictions in the case of those bonuses), the former executive showed no lack of hubris but scant remorse in an interview with CNBC on 27 January, laying blame for the furniture spree on his Merrill predecessor Stanley O'Neal's violation of the investment bank's "general décor" and claiming the $4 billion bonus payout was necessary to retain key staff. (Why a staff overseeing a qua
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?
- UBS Backs AI over Blockchain for Wealth Management
Back to Top