France’s president Nicolas Sarkozy yesterday announced a financial transaction tax (FTT) to be implemented solely in France in August. The announcement comes shortly after Standard & Poor’s downgraded the country’s credit rating from AAA to AA+, and just a few months before a presidential election in April in which Sarkozy could be challenged by the resurgent Socialist party under Francois Hollande.
The FTT proposal levies a 0.1 percent tax on share purchases on the Paris exchange, targets high-
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?
- UBS Backs AI over Blockchain for Wealth Management