In the fast-paced, risk-prone world of securities trading, establishing a business operations management methodology is a must.
On May 6, 2010, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) lost about 1,000 points in roughly 15 minutes, before regaining that loss just as quickly. That incident, now known simply as the Flash Crash, was the result of a large mutual fund firm selling large number of futures contracts, setting off a feedback loop among computers at high-frequency trading (HFT) firms—HFT firms that sent the market into...
- Thomson Reuters Acquires Redi, Looks to Grow Buy-Side Trading Capabilities
- LCH Partners with MillenniumIT for Real-Time Risk Management
- Accenture Announces Editable Blockchain Prototype, Internet Reacts
- 40% of Data Tacticians 'Weak' on Strategy and Execution
- Estimize Readies Factor Model, International Estimates, Indicators