In the fast-paced, risk-prone world of securities trading, establishing a business operations management methodology is a must.
On May 6, 2010, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) lost about 1,000 points in roughly 15 minutes, before regaining that loss just as quickly. That incident, now known simply as the Flash Crash, was the result of a large mutual fund firm selling large number of futures contracts, setting off a feedback loop among computers at high-frequency trading (HFT) firms—HFT firms that sent the market into...
- AFTAs 2016: Best Middle-Office Initiative: Data Management, Reconciliation and Clearing—Indus Valley Partners
- Markit's Rayfield Moves to Asset Control
- Co-Sourcing v. Outsourcing: A Look at Rotation Capital's ‘DataHub' with Financial Fabric
- SimCorp Reshuffles European Operations
- FactSet Launches FinTech Index