Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing has appointed former head of market data Bryan Chan as co-head of the exchange's newly established Equities and FIC (Fixed Income and Currency) business, as part of a reorganization following its acquisition of the London Metal Exchange last year.
Chan -- who will oversee market data, cash trading and HKEx's China Exchanges Services Company (CESC) joint venture with the Shanghai Stock Exchange and the Shenzhen Stock Exchange to create cross-border indexes, information standards, industry classifications and other related products -- shares the co-head role with Calvin Tai, formerly head of trading, who will be responsible for derivatives trading as well as product and index development.
Both report jointly to Romnesh Lamba and Martin Abbott, who HKEx has named co-heads of the new Global Markets division, comprising Equities and FIC, Commodities, the LME, as well as business development and strategy departments. Lamba, former head of market development, also becomes chief executive of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Futures Exchange, while Abbott also retains his role as LME chief executive.
- Brexit, Technology and People: A Complicated Mix
- Bloomberg Intelligence Expands Primers Library, Adds Topics Like Brexit, Mifid II
- Machine Learning, Blockchain Headline FinTech Innovation Lab Demo Day
- UPDATE: Thomson Reuters, TruValue Labs Grow ESG Data in Eikon
- Toronto Stock Exchange Debuts Centralized Mutual Fund Platform