For firms seeking to perform data management and aggregation to create custom consolidated feeds and the high-performance analytics required to generate alpha in a challenging economy, CEP and high-performance tick databases offer a compelling proposition, says Neil McGovern, director of product marketing for financial services at Sybase.
Taking direct feeds from exchanges into proprietary systems rather than from market data suppliers drives down market data latency. But forgoing the added value of a consolidated feed can be a bumpy road with new data management challenges. Data can be messy for many reasons. There is no time synchronization between liquidity venues. Exchanges use different message protocols—especially in emerging...
- Bloomberg Launches Entity Exchange to Help Buy Side Handle KYC, Onboarding Demands
- MDW Special: Highlighting the Best Innovation Cities
- Collier Joins iMeta In Sales Role
- Moving on Up: BNP Paribas Securities Services's Gallagher Talks Growth Goals, New Regulatory Positioning
- Infront Adds Freedom Index Data