With cost control still a priority for the financial industry after several lean years, budgets for market data and related technology remain tight, except in a few key areas. Firms are still expected to focus on doing more with less, and data managers have to deliver on that aim.
- Overview of budget trends among data departments at different types of consumer firms
- What areas are expected to attract more/less spend this year, and why?
- Measuring - and demonstrating - value while managing costs, and making the case for spend to management
- The personal touch: The impact of budget constraints on staff numbers, their expertise, and their ability to execute
- What can other parts of the industry do to minimize cost increases for clients?
Mark Januszka, Regional Head of Market Data Services, Americas, HSBC
Antoine Meyers, Head of Market Data Competence Center, BNP PARIBAS
Jos Schmitt, MBA, Chief Executive, ALPHA GROUP
Jean Robert, Head of Sales/Principal, ADVANTAGE DATA
Moderator: Tine Thoresen, Special Projects Editor, WATERSTECHNOLGY
More from Inside Market Data
Updating your subscription status
Winners Announced: Inside Market Data Awards 2014
The winners of the 12th annual Inside Market Data Awards 2014 and Inside Reference Data Awards 2014 were announced in New York on May 21, recognizing industry excellence within market data and reference data. To view the winners across the 31 categories click here.
The catalyst for change in client reporting is a more empowered, digitally aware consumer. Excellence of service delivery will be key to investment managers...
Without a consistent source of data and limited functionalities in existing systems, firms are unable to perform tasks that are becoming increasingly important...