Inside Market Data gathered leading industry experts for a webcast on September 13, 2012 to discuss how firms are employing an arsenal of tools for analyzing information
As the search for alpha becomes increasingly elusive and competitive, firms are employing an arsenal of tools for analyzing information, as well as demanding new types of data and metrics targeted at specific purposes, while data providers are meeting their needs by developing completely new analytics as well as new products that squeeze more value out of existing content sets.
• How the concept of "analytics" is evolving, from charting displays to different types of visual indicators, trading signals, calculation engines, and analysis for use in automated trading engines. What does this evolution tell us about how the roles of consumers at end-user firms is changing and what trends are driving these changes?
• With mobile technologies and data access increasingly becoming an important part of financial professionals' workflow, are traders and investment professionals looking for mobile access to analytical tools? And is the current generation of analytics able to meet these needs?
• As trading becomes increasingly automated, are analytics more or less important than in the past? Will analytics evolve to be part of algorithmic trading infrastructures, or focus on specific investor types or in certain asset classes, or will they change in some other way?
- Carson Boneck, Managing Director, Global Head of Investment Management, S&P CAPITAL IQ
- Nidhi V. Shandilya, Assistant Vice President, STATE STREET
- Alex Abramov, IT Governance, Risk, and Control Practitioner, Member of ISACA Board of Directors
Moderator: Max Bowie, Editor, INSIDE MARKET DATA
CLICK HERE to listen to the archived webcast
More from Inside Market Data
Updating your subscription status
Work with us on your Integrated Marketing Campaigns
WatersTechnology offers a full range of custom research, surveys, webcasts, video and whitepapers for firms looking to demonstrate thought-leadership through their marketing campaigns and generate sales leads. Do you have bespoke requirements?
21 May 2013
21 May 2013
19 Jun 2013
27 Jun 2013
Complex, dated and unwieldy data infrastructure is not uncommon among even the most progressive companies in the world of finance. As financial regulations...
With the launch of a new legal entity identifier (LEI) looming, the financial services industry needs to get ready to ensure efficient and timely implementation...