ISINs may not be be appropriate for identifying every over-the-counter derivative, creating a challenge for instrument identification. Nicholas Hamilton reports on efforts to find a fitting standards format in the asset class
The ability to uniquely and precisely identify financial instruments is essential for risk management and straight-through processing (STP). For most securities types, the development of the International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) has helped greatly to achieve those goals. However, one area of the market that continues to resist common approaches to instrument identification, and which...
- Bloomberg Clients Hit By Terminal ‘Slowness'
- BST Awards 2016 Winners' Interview: UBS Delta
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Product for 2016—Commcise
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters