Kevin Houstoun, co-chair of the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol Global Technical Committee, tells Nicholas Hamilton why the messaging standard is experiencing growth in the post-trade space, and how collaboration between standards bodies is reaping rewards for the industry
Establishing a messaging standard is not easy. It requires time, patience and research to define which data attributes are really needed. However, even well-designed standards only become really useful when they are used by a significant proportion of the industry. Andorra-based Kevin Houstoun, co-chair of the Global Technical Committee of the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol messaging...
- Bloomberg Launches Entity Exchange to Help Buy Side Handle KYC, Onboarding Demands
- MTS Grows Low-Latency ‘Live' Bond Coverage
- Moving on Up: BNP Paribas Securities Services' Gallagher Talks Growth Goals, New Regulatory Positioning
- Aqumin Incorporates Alerting into ‘Landscape' Displays
- Broadridge Hires Clarke for Funds Analytics Intelligence