Bank of America Merrill Lynch has internally distributed 55,000 BlackBerrys and 5,000 Apple iPads, as well as 20,000 devices that it supports as part of its bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy. In one year, it handles 2.6 billion instant messages, 1.2 billion emails, and 1.4 million online meetings.
The area of mobility has been a major focus for Bank of America, including its wealth management division, according to David Reilly, managing director and technology infrastructure executive at the bank, who gave the keynote address today at the Waters USA conference in Manhattan. "We've had a significant deployment of BYOD, using a traditional technology stack with Citrix and VMware, to present...
- Interactive Data Loses COO Nadler, Infrastructure CTO Caudell
- Survey: Middle- and Back-Office Operational Efficiency
- Benefits, Limitations Abound for ‘as-a-Service' Platforms When it Comes to Risk
- Panelists: Finance, Risk Need to be Brought Together to Improve Data Management Processes
- The Waters Weekly Wrap: February 8-12