As part of a regular upgrade to its Santiago trading floor, inter-dealer broker GFI Group has deployed the IQ/MAX line of trading turret from trading communications platform provider IPC Systems, vendor officials announced today.
The new turrets, which GFI deployed in April, come with 24 speaker channels, which allow traders to handle multiple calls simultaneously.
"One option on the turret is speaker channels," says Jonathan Morton, vice president of product management at IPC. "All the turrets have a couple handsets so the traders can juggle at least two calls simultaneously, but we can also outfit the turret with speaker channels so they can literally be on eight, 16 or 24 calls simultaneously and they put those lines up on speakers."
The platform also has a dual-IP networking protocol interface that provides better network resiliency, explains Morton. "If there's a failure on the network, then the port just falls over to the alternate port and the turret continues working without even interrupting the phone call," he says. "The turret can re-direct itself and connect to alternate data centers or systems in case the primary system should go down or if the turret loses connectivity to it."
- Clear Daylight Emerges Between Bloomberg and the Competition
- Interactive Data Eyes Regulation, Bond Pricing for '16 Growth
- Citadel Securities Becomes NYSE's Largest DMM, Acquires KCG's Business
- Tradeweb Expands Into US with New ETF Trading Platform
- AlphaSense Builds Dow Jones News Into Financial Search Engine