Former SEC staffer assigned to CCO position at exchange group.
The Chicago Board Options Exchange Group (CBOE) has announced that it has appointed Alexandra M Albright to the newly-created position of chief compliance officer for its affiliated exchanges.
The CBOE comprises of the Chicago Board Options Exchange, the C2 Options Exchange, the CBOE Futures Exchange and CBOE Stock Exchange. Albright's remit will include the implementation of policies for self-regulatory responsibilities, as well as existing compliance with US Security Exchange Commission (SEC) and Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) regulations.
Most recently, Albright was an attorney at Chicago-based Kirkland and Ellis LLP, focusing on compliance, litigation and corporate finance. From 2001-2006, she worked in a series of senior roles at the SEC, in the offices of trading practices, municipal securities and market surveillance during her time there.
Albright will assume the position at CBOE from 23 April, and report into president and COO Edward Tilly, as well as the regulatory oversight committee.
- Bloomberg Clients Hit By Terminal ‘Slowness'
- BST Awards 2016 Winners' Interview: UBS Delta
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Product for 2016—Commcise
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters