Victor Anderson speaks to Richard Tibbetts, CTO of StreamBase, at this year's New York-hosted Waters USA conference.
According to Tibbetts, capital markets firms are well placed to derive value from their Big Data, as they already possess the quantitaive skills needed in order to interrogate that data effecitvely. However, he says, the biggest challenge facing many capital markets firms is how they go about utilizing those analytical skills to provide useful information to the firm's decision makers, in real time, during the course of the trading day.
- Citadel Securities Becomes NYSE's Largest DMM, Acquires KCG's Business
- Looking For An API Standard
- Thomson Reuters Integrates Wood Mackenzie Oil Supply Data into Eikon, PointConnect Feed
- Chicago Stock Exchange Bought by Investor Group Led by China's Casin Group
- Liquidnet Expands Execution & Quantitative Services Business with New Duo