The promise of consistent performance on a low-cost platform nears reality but there may be tradeoffs. By Emily Fraser
When service providers buzz about using real-time Linux as a platform for time-sensitive, mission-critical applications, they're not so much touting reducing the latency of computational response times-although that is still important-but rather gaining a greater performance consistency, referred to as "determinism."In mission-critical environments, consistency is more important than speed, says Brian...
- Anadolubank Picks AxiomSL for Netherlands Reporting
- Rimes Adds Best Credit Data Muni, Corporate Prices to Managed Services
- OpenFin Names Account Director, Europe COO
- Bloomberg Launches Entity Exchange to Help Buy Side Handle KYC, Onboarding Demands
- Asia-Pacific BST Summit 2016 Keynote: Asset Management’s Journey to 2.0