Waters gathered leading industry experts for a webcast on November 7, 2012 to discuss the role of complex event processing and 'doing more with less'. This is part 1 of a 2-part series.
With shrinking technology budgets Capital Markets firms are being challenged to do more with less, yet regulatory and compliance requirements are demanding re-examination of existing front, middle and back-office systems to provide increased visibility and control. In response to these demands, Complex Event Processing (CEP) is fast becoming an essential platform to optimize business operations, such as algorithmic trading, pricing, risk, surveillance, and compliance.
* How has the issue of latency evolved in regard to CEP? What new technologies are being employed in order to meet the imperatives of leveraging existing technology investment and delivering rapid time to value?
* As electronic trading spreads more and more into new asset classes, in what ways can CEP help a firm to manage its risk?
* How does the regulatory factor play into this: Is real-time market surveillance a must in today's environment?
* In what new ways can CEP tools be used to recognize meaningful events and be proactive in flagging possible risk points?
* How can the application of CEP enable real-time decisioning, complexity management, and compliance?
* Can CEP engines be effective on their own, or do they need to be paired with other systems? If it's the latter, which systems?
- George Ballester, Vice President and Systems Integrator, BNY MELLON
- Dr. Richard Bentley, Vice President, Capital Markets, PROGRESS SOFTWARE
- Adam Honoré, Research Director, Capital Markets, AITE GROUP
Moderator: Anthony Malakian, US Editor, WATERSTECHNOLOGY
More from Waters
Updating your subscription status
Work with us on your Integrated Marketing Campaigns
WatersTechnology offers a full range of custom research, surveys, webcasts, video and whitepapers for firms looking to demonstrate thought-leadership through their marketing campaigns and generate sales leads.
Complex, dated and unwieldy data infrastructure is not uncommon among even the most progressive companies in the world of finance. As financial regulations...
With the launch of a new legal entity identifier (LEI) looming, the financial services industry needs to get ready to ensure efficient and timely implementation...