Waters gathered leading industry experts for a webcast on November 14, 2012 to discuss ‘Managing Complexity and Delivering Agility: The Role of Business Rules Management in Capital Markets’. This is part 2 of a 2-part series.
As firms struggle to comply with the weight of new regulation, Business Rules Management System (BRMS) is coming to the fore as a means to tackle increased complexity and to demonstrate compliance in decision making processes. The need to rapidly change business rules, whilst maintaining compliance and correctness, is impacting the industry and areas such as client on-boarding, pre-trade checks, RFQ response management and more.
* What are the main challenges introduced and what new products are being developed as a response to the pressure on profitability?
* How can BRMS facilitate complexity management and business agility?
* Would the confluence of BRMS with Complex Event Processing form a new technology category: Real-Time Decisioning?
- George Ballester, Vice President and Systems Integrator, BNY MELLON
- Dr. Richard Bentley, Vice President, Capital Markets, PROGRESS SOFTWARE
- Miranda Mizen, Principal, Director of Equities Research, TABB GROUP
Moderator: Anthony Malakian, US Editor, WATERSTECHNOLOGY
More from Waters
Updating your subscription status
Voting now open -- WATERS RANKINGS 2013
Our 11th annual survey is now open and you get the chance to choose your best solutions and technology providers. Waters Rankings 2013 features 26 hotly contested awards - so have your say.
19 Jun 2013
27 Jun 2013
10 Jul 2013
10 Sep 2013
Complex, dated and unwieldy data infrastructure is not uncommon among even the most progressive companies in the world of finance. As financial regulations...
With the launch of a new legal entity identifier (LEI) looming, the financial services industry needs to get ready to ensure efficient and timely implementation...