The price of data is going up. That was the opening statement made at a panel discussion on performance measurement and new frontiers in risk at Tuesday's Buy-Side Technology North America Summit. A combination of vendor monopolization and increasing data complexity is driving up prices, and buy-side firms have no choice but to roll with the punches.
"It used to be that it was fees based on location," said Frances Barney, managing director of performance and risk analytics at BNY Mellon Asset Se
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse