Not long ago, the buy-side CTO or CIO role was an obliquely ancillary position—someone who investors rarely inquired about, and who was more likely to be found tinkering with IT equipment in a dark room than driving business strategy or facing due-diligence questions.
Today, CTOs manage a very different—and in some ways, unexpected—set of responsibilities that will continue to evolve in the near future, say hedge fund and other buy-side managers who spoke during a panel hosted by buy-side techn
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership