Launched amid much publicity last year, Derwent Capital Markets began an eye-catching and experimental fusion of capital markets and social media with its Absolute Return fund, which based its investment decisions on sentiment analysis from Twitter. After posting decent results for its first month of trading, however, the fund went quiet, eventually wrapping up its operations for a new direction altogether.
"We couldn't have timed it worse to try and launch a new and innovative fund with the US
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse