Launched amid much publicity last year, Derwent Capital Markets began an eye-catching and experimental fusion of capital markets and social media with its Absolute Return fund, which based its investment decisions on sentiment analysis from Twitter. After posting decent results for its first month of trading, however, the fund went quiet, eventually wrapping up its operations for a new direction altogether.
"We couldn't have timed it worse to try and launch a new and innovative fund with the US
Anthony and James examine some of the key themes that will be on display at the inaugural North American Innovation Summit.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- Hammonds Out as Deutsche Bank’s Leadership Woes Continue
- Bogen to Head Execution Services for Dash Financial
- Veronica Augustsson: At the Crossroads of Business and Technology
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 117: Machine Learning, Chatbots & Fintechs