When regulators in South Korea eased restrictions on the launching of, and investing in, hedge funds, it was hoped that this would provide a windfall of investment into the emerging market. While growth has been slower than expected—amid calls for further regulatory intervention—these new rules are clearly having an effect.
"[Hedge fund growth in South Korea] is still pretty slow," says Sang Lee, the co-founder of Boston-based consultancy Aite Group. "Hedge fund activity, despite some rule chang
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming