"As far as I remember, I was in the first meeting where the term IBOR was used, around 2003 at Barclays Global Investors," says Rushman, a former managing director at BGI, and later BlackRock. "We'd had a lot of success in building an investment database in London, and we took that in 2001 to San Francisco quite successfully."
The IBOR system, named Common Platform (CP) in the US and Aria in the UK, essentially kept a consistently updated record of securities positions that the firm had a
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming