It is the people, said Scott Burleigh at the TSAM conference, not the platforms, that ultimately determine the adaptability of an IT organization.
Burleigh has been in the business since 1984, on the buy and sell side, and insists that pickings are slimmer than he's ever seen. Most of the best people have migrated to vendors. The problem is not candidates' programming ability but their understanding of the business. A senior business executive once complained to him that the IT people give him e
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership