That all changed when it bought Sybase in 2010. Its integrated business solution was appealing in a post-recession market with a greater desire for packaged services. Financial services was the company's fastest growing sector in 2011; it expects high double-digit growth this year. “Nothing against footwear and apparel,” said Ross Wainwright, SAP's new global head of the financial services industry unit, at a recent press briefing.
Wainwright is keeping a close eye on his portfolio of products.
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- Down to the Desk: OMGI Transforms Data Management Strategy
- SI Rules Switch from Optional to Mandatory Sept. 1
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform