But for a number of reasons, the firm has dialed back BYOD in recent days. There are the usual concerns about information security and compliance. There is also a less usual one about branding.
"We don't want our financial advisors out there with their baby pictures and the UBS logo right next to it," says global head of distribution IT Stefan Ott, who spoke at the Buy-Side Technology North American Summit.
Lord Abbett, too, fell into BYOD almost by accident. "Like every IT department, we contro
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming