Barry Smith, director of global exchanges and trading venues at Equinix, believes that in 2014, we could see consolidation begin the 22 newly minted swap execution facilities (SEFs) in the US. But even though many presume there will be fewer SEFs in the future, Smith says people shouldn't be so quick to assume that consolidation is the end state.
"I've heard people say that we're not going to see that many SEFs in a few years," he says. "Well, if you look at the equity space and dark pools, ther
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams