"I'm going to say something controversial," said David Rukshin, a senior vice president at investment management firm D.E. Shaw, to an audience at the North American Trading Architecture Summit. "Eliminate IT."
Rukshin proposed this jaw-dropper amid a throng of technologists, including two others on his panel and a moderator, Anthony Vigilante, who leads an IT staff at MacKay Shields. As a hacker himself, Rukshin has heard every complaint in the book about IT not serving the needs of the busines
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees
- JPX Mulls Pooling Content into Data Lakes
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets