With an increasing amount of pressure to make the capital markets as transparent as possible, the push for a standard legal entity identifier (LEI) for counterparties is another compliance requirement that has continued to pick up steam.
On October 31, Canada became the latest market to adopt LEIs, requiring firms to use LEIs for counterparties when reporting OTC derivatives transactions to registered trade repositories.
The physical process of obtaining a LEI is essentially painless. Applying t
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees
- JPX Mulls Pooling Content into Data Lakes
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets