As Waters noted in a past examination of levereaged loans and CLO technology, these specialized debt markets lag significantly behind their peers in terms of operational efficiency.
A combination of boom-and-bust cyclicality, legal complexity, and general lack of impetus in such a niche market means that trade settlement can take, on average, at least two weeks. Bigger, more bespoke deals will range into months — plural.
The industry is once again hitting the boom side of the cycle, though. Leve
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams