Designed to increase efficiencies and foster a more level competitive landscape in US equities, Reg NMS hones in on best execution practices, just as the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid) regulation does in Europe. The regulation's focus on best execution in turn requires greater transparency in an increasingly fragmented market, facilitated through greater connectivity and automation within and between counterparties.
But buy-side and hedge fund managers are hardly strangers
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse