Richard Cardiff, chief executive of London's Coupland Cardiff, which runs the CC Asia Absolute Return Fund, notes that managers who have applied either trading models or investment processes that have historically worked well in Europe and the US to Asia will quickly find out that Asia's markets can dance to a different tune.
"You will always struggle to apply a western model to make money in Asia," he says. "Many have come and gone because they think they can do this. They say Asia's markets
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming