I remember speaking to the head of IT at a London-based investment manager a while back about the reasons why he decided to award a large – and consequently lucrative – contract to one of the best established technology vendors serving the buy side. I don't remember the details of the discussion and the name of the technology company eludes me, but the gist of what he (the head of IT) said was clear: "You'll never get fired for implementing SunGard," he said.
Those words stuck with me and are
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams