Does Pimco rely on tools from the sell side or are they primarily built in-house?
It has been our philosophy since our founding 35 years ago that our technology would be developed in-house.
Has this offered advantages – like not being too reliant on the sell side?
Yes, particularly in the mortgage market, but also with the derivative markets, treasury futures and options as well as the credit default market. All our technology across those markets is proprietary. It's definitely a competitive
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership