Can you tell me about Majedie?
We're a specialist UK equity company. The core of our business has always been to run higher risk UK equity portfolios for UK pension funds. The company has been running portfolios since March 2003.
The founders are all ex-Merrill Lynch investment managers aren't they?
Yes, we all left Merrill Lynch a year before Majedie started managing money in the market. We left in 2002 and started running UK institutional portfolios in 2003; we won our first client - Honda -
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams