Geneva-based Essent Trading, an asset-backed merchant energy trading firm, has implemented Asset Control's data management software to replace its proprietary pricing database. Essent uses the Asset Control product to centralise energy and commodity market data. According to Asset Control, Essent Trading required a product that would improve performance and scalability, and accommodate future time-series data needs, including volume profiles and weather data.
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams