According to Laurent Sicard, IT manager at Sectoral, the firm's previous OMS had been geared primarily toward portfolio management rather than trading, with scant integration between the two functions.
"All the trading activities were not taking place inside that OMS - there was no real integration between the portfolio managers and the trading desk," says Sicard. "So the portfolio manager wasn't able to access real-time activities like trade execution."
He adds that Sectoral also sought FIX c
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming