"As a group, Sanlam has all the components to service the local hedge fund market but the one missing piece was prime brokerage," says Terence Naidu, co-head of SPS.
With three employees and a back office shared with Sanlam Capital Markets, the prime brokerage business was under development for more than a year but is now actively pitching its front- and middle-office services to South African hedge funds. So far it has one client on board; a statistical arbitrage hedge fund known as GenX.
Greg Skibiski joins the podcast to give his views the alternative data space and where it's going.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Waters Rankings 2018 Winner's Interview: Moody's Analytics
- CBA to Issue First Blockchain Bond for World Bank
- Augustsson Departs Cinnober, CFO Lenardos Named CEO