Shaw Data Services Inc. is set to begin field tests of its long-awaited UNIX portfolio management system early next year. Shaw hopes the system, which will provide a higher level of functionality that Shaw's existing in-house and bureau services, will help it overcome the slow market conditions that recently forced it to lay off 10 percent of its staff.
Fidelity Management Trust Co. and Harvard Management Co. have emerged as test-site candidates. Fidelity is already a user of Shaw's service b
A look at Nasdaq's potential acquisition of Cinnober and whether Wall Street has learned anything 10 years after Lehman's collapse?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 137: Bloomberg on Data Fragmentation
- Firms Vent Frustrations with Vendor Relationships
- Banks Fortify to Spin Money from Their Own Data
- Data Issues Still Seen as Higher Investment Priority than AI
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 138: Nasdaq-Cinnober Tie-up & 10 Years After Lehman's Collapse