EMERYVILLE, Calif.--Sybase recently announced plans to acquire middleware vendor Neon (New Era of Networks). The all-stock transaction, which is valued at approximately $373 million, will allow Sybase to create a new electronic business division to compete on a more even playing field with the likes of IBM and BEA, says Sybase senior vice president and general manager Raj Nathan.
Further details have yet to be worked out, Nathan says. Neon's product line will be integrated with Sybase's Enter
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse