NEW YORK--Two of the more pressing issues that weighed on asset managers' minds were the looming deadline for the Year 2000 and the conversion to the single European currency (see related story, this issue). Even though most large firms have spent millions of dollars and devoted scores of employees toward fixing their millenium bugs, none of them will truly know how successful they've been until the morning of January 1, 2000.
The past 12 months saw a steady stream of news developments
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground