NEW YORK--Last year won’t go down in the annals of buy-side technology as a banner one. Because of the cloud of the Y2K bug that hung over much of the industry, it felt at times as if everyone was rushing constantly, just to tread water.
But there were two sides to the Y2K issue. On the one hand, it represented a threat. The fear of disaster as we passed from one millennium to the next was sufficient to force firms to evaluate their entire inventory of investment systems. Across the board, pl
A look at Nasdaq's potential acquisition of Cinnober and whether Wall Street has learned anything 10 years after Lehman's collapse?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 137: Bloomberg on Data Fragmentation
- Firms Vent Frustrations with Vendor Relationships
- Banks Fortify to Spin Money from Their Own Data
- Data Issues Still Seen as Higher Investment Priority than AI
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 138: Nasdaq-Cinnober Tie-up & 10 Years After Lehman's Collapse