NEW YORK -- Investment bank Morgan Stanley is set to acquire risk management technology vendor Barra in an $816.4 million deal. The firm plans to combine Barra, headquartered in Berkley, CA, with its Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) index provider unit. This will create a new company, tentatively named MSCI Barra -- following the merger, the combined company will operate under that name.
Henry Fernandez, chief executive of MSCI, says the merger will enhance products and service
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain