NEW YORK--As expected, the historic merger of Citicorp with Travelers Group has created a top-tier investment management company with $292 billion in assets under management. The new business, SSBC Asset Management, consists of Smith Barney Asset Management, Salomon Brothers Asset Management and Citibank Global Asset Management.
All three businesses are based in New York, although a fourth investment division is being run independently of SSBC Asset Management from Travelers' Hartford,
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground