NEW YORK -- Bisys, a New York-based business process outsourcing provider for the financial services industry, is developing a service to help its US hedge fund clients comply with anti-money-laundering (AML) provisions in the US Patriot Act.
The AML rules, expected to be finalised later this year, will effectively extend the Bank Secrecy Act to hedge funds. The Act already requires registered financial institutions to keep records of clients’ transactions for possible use in law enforcement
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground