LONDON – The UK’s Financial Services Authority (FSA) has no intention of investigating or limiting hedge fund managers who run both long-only and long/short funds, according to Dan Waters, the regulator’s director of retail policy and asset-management sector leader.
The US Congress discussed this issue on the house floor but the bill was struck down, said Cynthia Fornelli, former deputy director of the investment management division of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground