LONDON -- Smaller funds of hedge funds will struggle to survive given costs of due diligence and an increasingly sophisticated investor base, according to Professor Noël Amenc, the director of the France-based Edhec Risk and Asset Management research centre.
Amenc says the cost of due diligence required to maintain fund-of-fund returns while avoiding potential blow-ups from a rapidly growing universe of single-strategy funds would push some smaller multi-manager providers from the market.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground