LONDON--Swift, the industry-owned back-office standards organization, has sub-contracted its network development to Global Crossing, an integrated telecommunications network company, in a five-year, $300 million deal.
Global Crossing will work with Swift in co-managing the development and operation of Swift's network infrastructure, including Swift's SIPN (Secure IP Network), which will become a virtual private network (VPN) within Global Crossing's existing IP extranet infrastructure.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground