NEW YORK--Technology is changing the way investment management firms conduct their business, and it will be one of the key differentiators of successful investment firms of the future, says Sean Kelley, chief technology officer of Merrill Lynch Investment Managers (MLIM).
"It is re-inventing the entire place. Through technology the entire value chain (of an investment management firm) will be exposed," Kelley says.
One of the biggest effects of technology is to empower investors: it gives
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground