NEW YORK--Early next year, Advent Software is scheduled to formally cut off support for its WinDX portfolio management system. Ending the support will close a troubled chapter in Advent's otherwise successful history, and it also underscores the problems at least a dozen investment managers have had struggling to deal with the aftermath of Advent's decision to back away from a system it paid $4.8 million to acquire.
A precise count of the number of managers still using WinDX was not available
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground